Development Headquarters Relocation
A global healthcare software organization with over 7,000 employees and $1.5 billion in revenue was consolidating multiple locations into one large office in the southeast region of the United States. Their Development, QA and Business Intelligence teams were staggared accross multiple offices in the United States, and the company decided it would be best to have all teams housed under one roof.
- Most current staff did not accept relocation packages
- 110 openings for Development, QA and Business Intelligence teams
- 3 month deadline to keep core development deliverables on track
We offered a large Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) model to our client. We put together a SWAT team of Sourcing Specialists and Recruiters to create a large database of qualified applicants. Primary skillsets required the following experience: .NET and/or Java Development, full life-cycle SDLC, SQL, Coding, Testing, Implementing newly developed tools, Software Development, SSRS/SSAS/SSIS,Report Builder, Power BI Expertise, and more.
- Screened over 500 applicants and invited 200 to a roundtable interviewing event
- 27 hiring managers divided in 3 groups: Development, QA and Business Intelligence
- Candidates were encouraged to speak with each group they felt qualified to work with
- Hiring Managers had 10 screener questions ready for each candidate
The roundtable interviewing event was a large success. We were able to fill 95% of the 110 openings, and placed additional qualified candidates in several other positions outside of the project scope (including management level roles). As most candidates from this event were local, no relocation expenses were required.
- 95% of openings were filled within the 3 month deadline
- Over 2,000 hours in staffing related expenses were saved (estimated cost of $500,000)
- No relocation expenses
- Client was able to keep their core development strategy on track and hire many of the best developers in the area for their new development Headquarters